The 5th International ESP Conference:
What has changed in ESP in the 21st Century? Innovative perspectives and practices
1-2 July 2022
We are pleased to announce that the 5th International ESP Conference will take place at Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey. The conference will include paper presentations and invited plenary talks.
The 5th International ESP conference welcomes ESP professionals and scholars from across the world to meet in Ankara on July 1-2, 2022 for a premier conference experience. Scholars and educators will engage in professional development and explore a wide range of topics relevant to teaching and learning English in specific discourse communities: academic, professional, or otherwise specialized. Papers and workshops may address topics such as the following from the perspective of English for Specific Purposes:
- The effectiveness of various approaches to language learning and teaching
- Curriculum development and evaluation
- Emerging digital technologies in language learning and teaching
- Teaching and testing techniques
- Assessment challenges
- Teacher education and development
- Materials preparation
- Second language acquisition in specialized contexts
- Needs assessment
- Discourse analysis
- Descriptions of specialized varieties of English
- Educational policies and language learning and teaching
- Migration and language learning and teaching
- Future dimensions in English language learning and teaching
- Reading and academic writing
Topics are not limited to above.
Papers are formal presentations on original research by one or more authors, lasting a total of 25 minutes (20 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion). Please note that the time limit will be strictly adhered to.
Deadline for submission :
31 March 2022 15 April 2022
Call for papers. You can download call for papers including registration fee from here.
Organizing and Scientific Committee
Abstract Submission Guidelines