English for Specific Purposes (ESP) is a broad-diverse field of English language teaching with several subtitles including technology and science, medical, legal English, Academic English, Business English and English for tourism. In the 1960s, it was particularly associated with the notion of a special language or register. Through the growth of the economy, technological developments and global mobility, migration and general movement from one country to another, there has been a need for learning and teaching English in these specific disciplines.
This association is for teachers, lecturers and professionals and all level of English from all over the world. It stands for ‘INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSE TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION’.
Anybody who is interested in English for Specific Purposes is welcome to become a member of our association. Membership is free.
- create a strong network among ESP teachers, lecturers and professionals
- exchange professional experiences, opinions, studies, and practices
- follow the latest developments in ESP field
- organize workshops, seminars and conferences for professionals, and ESP teachers
- support English for specific Purposes and ESP lecturers with resources
- high quality training opportunities in ESP