What has changed in ESP in the 21st Century? Innovative perspectives and practices in ESP
on 1-2 July 2022 at Middle East Technical University, Turkey
5th International ESP Conference
We are pleased to announce that the 5th ESP Conference will take place at Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey. The conference will include paper presentations and invited plenary talks (to be confirmed soon)
The 5th International ESP conference welcomes ESP professionals and scholars from across the world to meet in Ankara on July 1-2, 2022 for a premier conference experience. Scholars and educators will engage in professional development and explore a wide range of topics relevant to teaching and learning English in specific discourse communities: academic, professional, or otherwise specialized. Papers and workshops may address topics such as the following from the perspective of English for Specific Purposes:
- The effectiveness of various approaches to language learning and teaching
- Curriculum development and evaluation
- Emerging digital technologies in language learning and teaching
- Teaching and testing techniques
- Assessment challenges
- Teacher education and development
- Materials preparation
- Second language acquisition in specialized contexts
- Needs assessment
- Discourse analysis
- Descriptions of specialized varieties of English
- Educational policies and language learning and teaching
- Migration and language learning and teaching
- Future dimensions in English language learning and teaching
- Reading and academic writing
Submission of abstracts
We invite abstracts for full papers and posters on any topic related to the conference theme, broadly interpreted.
Abstracts should be between 400 and 500 words (excluding references).
Abstracts must be submitted via our website.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is
March 31st, 2022. extended until 15 April 2022.
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously, and notifications of acceptance sent out by mid-April.
March 31st, 2022 : Submission of Papers
April 15th, 2022 : Notification of Acceptance
July 1st -2nd , 2022 : 5th ESP Conference
Considering the current state of the COVID pandemic we anticipate that the conference will be run fully as an in-person meeting and the fees reflect this assumption.
Early registration ends: 21 May 2022
Regular Registration ends: 31st May 2022
Conference Registration Fee
Online registration is required for all speakers and participants. Please be reminded that your registration will not be complete until the payment has been received.
For authors of accepted papers registration fees cannot be refunded. After 31 May 2022 if there is any cancellation, registration fee will not be refunded.
Students are kindly requested to submit their scanned student ID cards. This can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The presenter registration fee is
|Registration Fee||Fee After 21 May|
|Presenters from Turkey||500 TL||650 TL|
|Presenters from overseas||$80||$100|
|Student presenters from Turkey||250 TL||300 TL|
|Students from overseas||$50||$70|
The fee includes
- the presentation
- access to all sessions
- the certificate of attendance.
The participation fee for non-presenters is 340 TL (40 USD). The fee includes access to all sessions and the certificate of attendance as a participant.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If a presenter is unable to attend for any reason, email should be sent to email@example.com not later than 31 May 2022. After this date:
- Conference registration cancelled on or before 1 June 2022 will incur a 50 % cancellation charge on any fees paid. This can only be done after the conference.
- Cancellation received on or after 1 June 2022 will not be refunded. The refund and cancellation policy will not be waived. Registration fees may be transferred to another individual.
- In the event of IESPTA and METU must cancel the conference due to unforeseen circumstances, the cost of registration will be refunded.
call for papers can be downloaded here.